Friday, September 5, 2008

Your College Football Picks With Fox and Dippy


Dippy has been released by his kidnapper in mostly one piece.  He desperately needs a debriefing and detox, but otherwise he is great.  He returned to work at the Virginia Beach Wyndham hotel just in time for the Tropical Storm Hanna swingers party tonight.  That party has got to last a few days.  Before he left for the beach we sat down and picked five college games.

West Virginia (-7) at East Carolina
Fox:  These games really suck this week.  This is lowest spread I could find of teams that people would be familiar with.   WVU killed Villanova, they'll have to settle it for good on the basketball court, and East Carolina got a late blocked punt against Virginia Tech of all teams to get a punt block off of.  I wonder what effect the weather will be for this game.  Either way WVU should win by about ten.  
Dippy:  Fox, you are so stupid.  I can not believe how stupid this pick is.  East Carolina is much better than you think.  WVU is on a downward spiral, which is what their fans deserve for what they did with their fink of a former coach when he ran off to Michigan.  You can not count out any of the Holtz family in a game.  WVU might win, but I am taking East Carolina in this one.

Ohio at Ohio State (-33)
Dippy: Ohio State is the best team in college ball, but only in the regular season.  Typically, I don't ever go for a spread this high.  In this case, Ohio State is likely to win by around 40.  They are that good.  They are monsters.  They'll knock 'em into next week, Rock.  They don't have a chance.
Fox:  OK, calm down.  The point spread is way high.  It does not matter.  Ohio State is underrated for a change.  I'm taking OSU.

Georgia Tech at Boston College (-6.5)
Fox:  I don't know anything about these two teams.  I only selected this game because Georgia Tech is in Atlanta.  I hate both of these teams with a passion.  BC does not belong in the ACC.  They should have stayed in the Big East.  Georgia Tech is going to be somewhere north of putrid this year.  I am taking Boston College out of principal.  
Dippy:  You should never ever bet with your heart.  It fucks you every time.  It's like going after the woman you know is dangerous but she makes your heart skip too many beats.  I know, Fox, that there is someone at work that you know is completely dangerous for you, but you are totally attracted to her despite the fact that she is so incredibly dangerous.  I know you.  It's true.  You haven't changed your ways.  You are attracted to dangerous women.  Always at work.  What's wrong with you.
Fox:  Is this you sober?  I am not sure I like this.  
Dippy:  Am I right, asshole?
Fox:  Of course you are right.  Your pick?
Dippy:  Dumb ass.  I am taking Tech just to screw with you.  

Miami (Fla.) at Florida (-23)
Fox:  A few years ago this would have been a great game.  The point spread looks real high even though I think Florida is underrated.  I am taking the Gators.  They should crush Miami.
Dippy:  Point spread is too high.  This is an in-state game.  Tensions will be high.  Miami will play over their heads and they'll find a way to keep it close.   Take Miami.

Central Michigan at Georgia (-24)
Dippy:  Here we go.  Again, with Georgia.  Georgia this.  Georgia that.  I can't stand it.   Georgia should be ashamed of themselves for giving up 21 against Georgia Southern.  They were and I say were the number one team in the country going against a I-AA school.  Automatically they should have scored at least 50 and won by at least four touchdowns.  Now they get a I-A school in Central Michigan who is being paid six figures to show up to get killed and even though I hate myself for saying this, I know Georgia will prove something by wiping this team out by at least 28.  I am taking Georgia....eeehhh....ehhh.
Fox:  I thought you were not going to do that anymore.   Just give me the razor.   Geez.  What's with you?  No, and I am not getting you a towel.  Get your own towel.  Richt was so pissed after the game last Saturday that he put the Dawgs through killer practices this week.  He pushed the fundamentals and conditioning this week and it will show on Saturday.  They should win by 35.  Take the Dawgs in this prep game for their trip out to Arizona State.

No comments: